ADVANCED ISSUES IN MULTIPLE AWARD SCHEDULE CONTRACTING. Feeling uncertain about your company’s Multiple Award Schedule management and/or compliance? Join Larry Allen and Jonathan Aronie of Sheppard Mullin October 25-26, 2017 for the award-winning Advanced Issues in Multiple Award Schedule contracting. Here are the Top 10 Reasons to attend:
10. Special 2-for-1 discount for friends of Larry or Jonathan. (If you received this email, consider yourself a BFF of Larry or Jonathan.)
9. Be a part of the course that past attendees have called: “One of the very best government contracts courses I’ve attended in the last 29 years”; “Absolutely the best seminar I have ever attended”; and “Learned more than in 20 years selling to the government.” (These are real, by the way.)
8. A couple off-the-clock legal questions to Jonathan during a break easily pays for the course.
7. Learn about all the new craziness going on in commercial items procurement, including (a) GSA’s ongoing price-above-all-else philosophy, (b) GSA’s “now you see me, now you don’t” Transactional Data Reporting Rule, and (c) the hard-to-believe Congressional effort to force all DOD COTS purchases through two non-competitively-awarded commercial marketplaces instead of through existing commercial or Government procurement vehicles.
6. Easy way to get your CLE, CPE, and other continuing education credit before year’s end.
5. Chance to hear about the successes (and missteps) of other Schedule contractors without having to take a competitor to dinner.
4. Opportunity to ask questions that begin with “I have a friend who . . . .”
3. Experience the most riveting discussion of the Price Reductions Clause, Trade Agreements Act, False Claims Act, teaming, audits/investigations you ever will hear!
2. Check off a box toward compliance with FAR 3.10 Business Conduct and Ethics regulations (which, incidentally, will be discussed in depth at the course).
1. Personal attention from two of the leading practitioners in the MAS community (if we do say so ourselves).
This comprehensive course, taught by Jonathan Aronie and Larry Allen, has received consistently outstanding reviews since it first began about 20 years ago. The course is designed to cover the primary “high risk areas” of Schedule Contracting, with a special focus on compliance, audits, and risk avoidance. Detailed discussions of the Price Reductions Clause, Commercial Sales Practices Format, Industrial Funding Fee, Contractor Teaming Arrangements, Out of Scope Contracting, Transactional Data Reporting, and the Trade Agreements Act will serve as the vehicles to examine all three subject areas. The course will provide practical advice on how to recognize the benefits of contracting with the Federal Government while minimizing the risks by, among other things:
- Negotiating (or renegotiating) a realistic and flexible contract as the primary means of ensuring future compliance and minimizing future risk,
- Implementing a functioning internal compliance program, and
- Dealing with compliance issues as they arise during contract performance, especially in the context of the Price Reductions Clause, as it relates to pricing and discounting to commercial customers.
To register or for more information, contact Rachel Hafiz, Conference Coordinator, at 651-666-2023 or visit www.fedpubseminars.com for more info. Be sure to ask for Larry’s and Jonathan’s “Advanced Issues” class, and don’t forget to ask for your “Friends of Larry and Jonathan 2-for-1 discount.”